It was a pleasant surprise to be nominated for The Sunshine Blogger Award by beardedigor.wordpress.com. His blog is filled with a song of the day and great posts that will give you a chuckle and make you think. So, don’t forget to check out his blog!
1. How did you decide in what topic, you wanted you blog to be about?
There was never really a question about that. I had a hard time deciding whether to start vlogging or to start a blog. It took me months to decide which format would present chronic illness and Hemiplegic Migraine in the most concise way.
2. What is your favourite song at the moment?
I love all kinds of music so it just depends on my mood. For the past couple of months, I’ve listened to Set My Heart by Vertical Worship most every morning.
3. Do you have to juggle blogging with any other commitments? If so, how difficult is this for you?
Because of my illness, I am unable to work but I have to juggle blogging around having Hemiplegic Migraine almost everyday. Since, these Migraines cause stroke-like symptoms and cause vision issues and right-sided paralysis, blogging isn’t possible during episodes.
4. Aside from twitter, what other form of social media do you use to promote your blog?
I have Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, Google+ and Tumbler accounts. I have WordPress publish automatically to Google+, Tumbler and Facebook so I really haven’t “worked” those accounts like I have the others. My biggest push has been on Pinterest and Twitter with Instagram coming right behind them.
5. What is the best TV show of all time?
Hogan’s Heroes! It may not be an expected pick but the re-runs used to come on the TV Land channel right after my husband got home from work. We watched it every day and would just relax and laugh together. We were not happy when the line up changed!
6. What sort of reaction do you get from people when you tell them that you are a blogger?
Honestly, I have not mentioned it to very many people. The people that know are very support.
7. Is there a blogger who inspires you?
I have not met a single blogger that isn’t inspiring in one way or another. There is absolutely no way that I can pick just one! That is why my #FollowFriday tweet has so many names on it.
8. If you could collaborate with any brand, who would it be?
The Headache Hat because I use this A LOT! It is my go-to comfort item during severe migraine episodes. I also put it in a thermal bag and take it with me everywhere.
9. What would make you hit the follow button on someone’s blog?
When I read a blog post, I want to get a feeling of what a person is like. It doesn’t matter what the topic is, if I can get an idea of who they are then I will follow the blog.
10. When did you decide you start blogging?
I made the decision at the beginning of January 2018 and started my blog at the end of that month.
11. What do you love the most about blogging?
Having a chronic illness and being mostly homebound can be very isolating. I feel like I am using my experiences to help others feel like they are not alone in the journey. I also like knowing that my blog may be enlightening those that do not have a chronic illness to be more accepting of what we go through.
I hope you enjoyed my answers.
I nominate the following people for The Sunshine Blogging Award:
Use the same questions!