This page may contain affiliate links. At no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you purchase a product through the links on this page.
I have been blessed with 2 nominations for the Blogger Recognition Award and I couldn’t be more happy and honored to be thought of by these 2 amazing bloggers! I want to take a moment to introduce you to the bloggers that nominated me before I move on to my answers.
The first one to nominate me is ai love music. If you can’t tell by the name he blogs about his passion for music! That is one thing that we have in common and I love to go to his blog to check out his posts that always seem to introduce me to something new or remind me of something old! Thank you so much for the nomination! You can follow him on Twitter, Instagram and don’t forget to check out his Blog.
My second nomination was given to me by Latisha at Renew Inspiration. Latisha’s blog is all about being inspired. Being inspired by God and being by those around you. Her blog is just full of happiness and joy! I love reading her posts because they make me think but they also make me smile. She is absolutely one of the most inspirational bloggers out there so go check her out. She can be found on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and make sure to stop by her Blog.
Thank again for the nomination! Now on to the award!
What is The Blogger Recognition Award?
The idea behind this award is to recognize the bloggers that you enjoy. Whether their blog makes you laugh or cry, makes you think or inspires you, these are the bloggers that have influenced you in some way. It is a way to recognize their talents and to give them a pat on the back for their hard work.
Blogger Recognition Award Rules:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you for the Blogger Recognition Award and provide a link to their blog
- Write a post and explain how your blog got started
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers
- Nominate 15 other bloggers you feel deserves some recognition
How The Frozen Mind came to be:
In April of 2016, my occasional Migraine became a daily occurrence and my life completely changed. I had to close down my Virtual Assistant business because I could not be depended on. Then I had to stop driving because of the vision issues my migraines create.
In May 2016, I was diagnosed with Hemiplegic Migraine which is a rare type migraine that causes temporary paralysis on one side of your body, aphasia, cognitive delay and many other symptoms as well as a severe headache. Soon, I also had to stop singing on my church praise team because I was rarely able to attend services. I became very isolated and my life took place in my dark bedroom where I felt safe.
While trying to research my medical issues, I noticed that there was plenty of information but no one was really talking about their story. I wanted to know that I was not the only one going through this type of life changing illness. For a longtime, I thought about doing a Vlog because I watch vloggers on youTube daily. I decided that it would be the most boring vlog ever since I basically stayed in my dark bedroom all day. Then I decided that I could start a blog to tell my story.
On January 30, 2018, without telling anyone, I started The Frozen Mind. I opened a Twitter account, email, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest…you name it, I opened it that day. Then I posted my very first blog post called, The First Step on a free WordPress Account.
In June, I went self hosted using SiteGround and I have never looked back! Except for 1 week that I was hospitalized, I have posted at least 3 blog posts per week and I am very proud of that accomplishment.
- Pick a niche but don’t let it keep you from writing what you are passionate about. Starting out, I was only going to write about Migraine and Chronic Illness. I found that way too limiting so I found other ways to pull in other things that I am passionate about. For example, I listen to audiobooks when my migraines keep me from looking at screens. So, I do a monthly book review. I use my crock pot to cook meals that are easy and take little energy. Doing this helps me do something that I enjoy in spite of my chronic illness…so, I post Recipes. Chronic Illness had a huge impact on mental health so I post about that topic too.
- Remember that slow and steady wins the race! Stay away from anything that may give you more views quickly. I fell into this trap by using some of the “Blog Promotion” groups on Facebook. I actually even started a group on my own. Yes these Pin All Threads and the Click Through threads will give you a giant boost in blog views but it is fake traffic. The engagement from this traffic is absolutely nothing! I literally had days where I had 400 views and not one single like or comment! This traffic also hurt my bounce rate which messed up my Google ranking.
My Nominations for the Blogger Recognition Award:
- Kate from Kate Days A Week
- Erica From Achy Smile
- CiCi from The Most Rewarding Life
- Carly from Carly Blogs
- Shan from Mom Rants and Reviews
- Jo from A Rose Tinted World
- Duncan from Tales of a Bearded Man
- Jen from Pedaling 2 the Wedding
- Megan from Hooray For Coffee
- Paula from The Value of a Moment
- Anjhaneè from Simply Anjhaneè
- Jo from A Journey Through the Fog
- Dad from Awesome Dad Gear
- Becca from Becca Blogs It Out
- Jenny from Jenny in Neverland
Please go check out all of these bloggers, I promise you will not be disappointed!
Thank you for reading my post about the Blogger Recognition Award and again I thank the two bloggers that nominated me!