This page may contain affiliate links. At no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you purchase a product through the links on this page.
It can be difficult to find encouragement in today’s world. The news seems to be all bad, everyone is in a hurry and no one takes time to encourage anyone. It sometimes feels like we are trapped in a world of negativity and there is no escape.
On days when I am struggling with severe Hemiplegic Migraine episodes or if I am feeling down, I find that reading the Bible is a great source of encouragement. The Bible is full of verses that will uplift your spirit and redirect your mind onto more positive thoughts. In sharing this list, it is my hope that you will also be encouraged.
20 Bible Verses to Provide Encouragement
- A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones. – Proverbs 17:22
- Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go. – Joshua 1:9
- Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths. – Proverbs 3:5-6
- Cast your burden on the LORD, and he will sustain you; he will never permit the righteous to be moved. – Psalm 55:22
- He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be shaken. – Psalm 62:6
- This is my comfort in my affliction, that your promise gives me life. – Psalm 119:50
- But they who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint. – Isaiah 40:31
- Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. – Isaiah 41:10
- Casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you. -1 Peter 5:7
- Those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. -Isaiah 40:31 'You are my refuge and my shield; I have put my hope in your word.' -Psalm 119:114 Click To Tweet
- Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God. – 2 Corinthians 1:3-4
- Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. – John 14:27
- You are my refuge and my shield; I have put my hope in your word. -Psalm 119:114
- The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. -Deuteronomy 31:8
- I lift up my eyes to the hills. From where does my help come? My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth. -Psalm 121:1-2
- Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. -Philippians 4:6-7
- Know therefore that the Lord your God is God; he is the faithful God, keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commandments. -Deuteronomy 7:9
- And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. – Romans 8:28
- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. – Philippians 4:13
- The name of the Lord is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe. -Proverbs 18:10
This list could keep going on and on because the Bible is a source for our encouragement. Its purpose is to be a tool to help us to know who God and Jesus are and to learn about how to have a relationship with them. God wants us to find our strength through His love for us during our times of hardship.
Similar Post: Don’t Worry about Tomorrow